My Blog List

Saturday, May 15, 2010

More Guts Than Glory

I nailed this wedding and it was difficult.  A middle aged couple getting married on a boat. YIKES. Why did this make me such a wreck?  When I was a baby photographer just starting out, I took two wedding assignments.  Was I competent? NO. Did I know what I Was doing? NO!  Did I do it anyway? YES.  Did I spend months sitting at my computer, crying, because I'd botched somebody's wedding, frantically trying to fix mistakes that should never have happened in the first place.You better believe it.  And to make matters worse, I did not understand the power of photoshop. Did Ratty have to fix my god awful mistakes at the second wedding. Unfortunately, yes.  So, weddings, no matter how much I love them, and I do, make me crazy.  There is nothing like the happiness of a wedding and the type of shots you can get to make you thrilled.   But I keep wondering what am I forgeting? What am I doing wrong.  What simple thing have I ignored.  Neurotic are us.  Maybe, someday down the line this won't happen.

Now, why as a professional photographer with gigs in the pipe am I nuts about maybe being laid off?  It's because of my horse, Kitt.  Tommy is willing to float us, but he is not willing to float Kitt.  She is my responsibility.  She is also my best friend.  It's hard for me to talk about what she means to me.  That has to happen in a separate post.  All I can say is this.  When she was so sick with lymes, I had my identity stolen.  I'd arrive at the barn half crazy from what was going on and she would limp out to meet me. She would wrap her neck around me and stay with me until I was calm.  She wouldn't leave me.  She would just love me and she will always be taken care of, even if that means I have to say "would you like fries, with that order."

No comments:

Post a Comment