My Blog List

Friday, December 11, 2009

Comfort Food

Today because I have a rotten cold, I've been thinking about comfort food. So I decided I'd give you all one of my favorite recipes, my layered flavor spaghetti sauce which is really easy and very good.


Ingredients


1. 2 pounds of ground meat. I like to use ground beef and ground pork, but whatever you like would be fine.
2. 2 different spaghetti sauces. I like to use Wegman's portobello mushroom sauce and their sauce with olives.
3. 1 can of pasta ready diced tomatoes.
4. 1 can of mushrooms, drained.
5. 2 cloves of garlic, diced
6. 2 tablespoons of worcester sauce
7. 1 tablespoon of Louisiana hot sauce  (optional)
8. 2 bay leaves
9. 1/2 bottle/ can of beer
10. salt and pepper to taste.

Brown the meat and then once it's done rinse it to remove all of the grease and fat.
Place the browned meat in a large sauce pan
Add all of the rest of the ingredients. Stir.
Bring to a boil and then reduce heat and simmer for at least 45 minutes. The longer it simmers the better it tastes.
Add salt and pepper to taste.


Enjoy

PS: If you try it and like it, please let me know

No comments:

Post a Comment