My Blog List

Sunday, December 27, 2009

Holiday Grumblings

Have you ever noticed that you are constantly making tradeoffs throughout the holiday season.  I'm going to this party, so I'm not doing something else that has to be done anyway. I'm running around like a chicken with it's head cut off, shopping, wrapping and decorating, so I'm not keeping up with the friends I did not see at the parties mentioned above. Gee that bit sounded like a work related memo.

The big trade off for me is feed the deer, who are extremely hungry or see Kitt, the most patient forgiving horse in the world.  So guess who loses.  The weather isn't helping things, either.  Apparently, we have a window of opportunity today.  It's sunny, so I'm going to be doing all the errands I didn't do yesterday, and won't be able to do next week, because we have a party every night. Grumble, gripe, whine, complain. 

I am so ready for January, when I can sit, work on my needlepoint, read some books, I've been meaning to, catch up with friends and maybe, weather permitting, actually get to spend some time with my horse.

No comments:

Post a Comment