My Blog List

Thursday, December 31, 2009

Some New Year's Ponderings



Well it's that time again. Time for thinking about the New Year and the one that's passing. I've decided that things can be categorized under three headings.


The Good
My family, especially Mr. Tommy. The animals, both domesticated and wild that fill my life with joy and amaze me everyday, My friends, my health, the watershed, my house and garden, my art, my car, my job. Actually, the list is endless.

The Bad
We're having a real winter, snow, ice, freezing temperatures, the whole nine yards. The deer who have never had to deal with this, are starving. I've seen behaviors I never thought I'd see.  I haven't been blogging about this; because, quite frankly, I thought it was too upsetting. I'm feeding them more and it's helping somewhat. I've gone to a number of different sites and asked for advice and the only unhelpful thing I've learned, is that starvation is nature's way of keeping the deer population down. One pius jerk actually told me that. This is same person who was ranting a month ago about the horrible hunters. I don't know, but to me a clean shot is better than slow starvation. I have to confess, I actually told him that. I guess one of my New Year's resolutions should be to keep my big mouth shut.
 
The Ugly
I'm a clutterer. Yes, I'm a clutterer and it's driving me crazy. It's not so bad that I need to call Clean House and have the whole crew over to lecture me about my mayhem and foolishness, but I am living with clutter and it's going to go. I bought a book called, "Clean Your Clutter in One Week." One week! maybe one year is more realistic. But I am going to tackle this problem in one season, this one. You guys are going to keep me honest, because I'm going to report every Sunday how I'm doing. Starting with this one.

Anyway, Happy New Year. We're having a blue full moon tonight and if you think about it, go outside later on, look up and make a wish. And my sincere hope is that all of your new year's wishes come true.

No comments:

Post a Comment