My Blog List

Thursday, November 18, 2010

A Lapse in My Planned Blogs

I planned a really funny post about how I got this way. You're just going to have to wait. It's coming, I promise and it's all true. However, some of you may remember that I used to say, "that I feed them all from the tall to the small." Well the medium sized came up to my feeding bins tonight. A family  of raccoons. They looked great and they were afraid of me.  A good sign. That means they aren't rabid. Tommy is furious and I'm not. They look wonderful. I don't know what it says about me, but it pleases me that the wild things know that they have a meal and a safe haven with me.

I saw the deer, who were milling around like a group of juvenile delinquents when I got home from work and I told them, "You guys have to stand back until I'm done," and they did.  And then I called out, "OK girlie's and fawns come and get it." I peaked over my shoulder as I was walking away and they slowly came out and began to eat.

I can't hate the raccoons. I don't know what this says about me. But, I just love it that the wild things know that they are save with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment